Milk requirements are changing in the new meal pattern beginning October 2017
Current Meal Pattern:
- Children 1 year of age can be served unflavored or flavored skim, 1%, 2% or whole milk.
- Children 2 years and older must be served skim or 1% milk and it can be flavored or unflavored.
New Meal Pattern:
- Children 1 year of age must be served unflavored whole milk.
- Children 2 years and older must be served unflavored skim or 1%.
- Children 6 years and older have the option of having flavored skim milk.
Things you can begin to do to prepare for the change:
- Start serving whole milk to all children 1 year of age.
- Begin phasing out flavored milk from your menus.